Indian Head Massage is based on the ancient Ayurvedic healing system using the upper Chakras and this tradition is still carried out in modern India today. A person born in India can expect to be massaged regularly from their birth to their death by members of their family.
This is often known as Champi, Champissage or Indian Champissage, the efficiency of the circulatory and lymphatic systems improves, toxins are dispersed from tense muscles and flexibility and fluidity of movement is restored.
The head, more than any other part of our body represents who we are. It is the centre of our nervous system, and home to our identity and intelligence. The Chakra at the top of our head (Crown Chakra) is the one we use to communicate with our higher self. If our head feels good, we feel good.
What conditions can an Indian head massage treatment help with?
- Tension Headaches / Migraines
- Tinnitus and other ear problems
- Helps hair loss and thinning
- Muscle tension – neck, shoulder stiffness
- Eye strain
- Sinus congestion
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
What are the benefits of Indian head massage?
- Increased blood supply to scalp, head and neck, bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to encourage healing.
- Increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle, therefore promoting strong healthy shiny hair and hair growth.
- Aids joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
- Reduces or prevent adhesions as traumatised muscle tissue heals.
- Relieves muscular pain, stiffness and tension by relaxing the muscles and removing toxins in the face, scalp, neck, upper back, shoulders and arms.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Relieves mental fatigue.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck so helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Stimulates and improves the circulatory system.
- Relieves eyestrain, tension headaches, nasal congestion and jaw-ache.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Alleviates stress, anxiety, lethargy and mild depression.
- Aids greater creativity, clarity of thought, Increased alertness and improves concentration.
- Aids insomnia and gives a more restful, refreshing sleep.
- Brings about a sense of tranquillity, calmness and positive well being.
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness.
- Gives a feeling of balance.
- Increases self-esteem and self worth.
- Deeper, calmer breathing.